Many retailers ensure that a full stocktake of their stores are conducted on an
annual basis, many choose to increase the frequency of these stocktakes to enjoy
more of the significant benefits that a Wall to Wall stocktake can deliver.
A broad range of retailers utilise our Wall to Wall solutions and benefit from
the results which we deliver, these include:
- Increased sales.
- Improved store book stock accuracy.
- No capital investment for hand held technology.
- Stores concentrate on core activity, selling.
- Least disruption to you, the customer.
- Scheduling flexibility.
- Improved customer satisfaction.
- Independent reporting.
- Reduced shrinkage.
The Wall to Wall Stocktake Service
Orridge understands the complexity involved in a full Wall to Wall stocktake and
through experience knows that a one size fits all stocktake will not suffice
in producing the best result, which is why we offer a bespoke service to each
customer. To enable us to provide the best service possible we follow some basic
- Establish customer requirements during a consultation meeting.
- Develop bespoke software to the specified format.
- Perform trial stocktake(s) to establish process and anticipated productivity.
- Develop stocktake schedules in agreement with the customer.
- Staff all stocktakes using Orridge resources, never supplemented by agency staff.
- Ensure store involvement in the stocktake process throughout.
- SLA criteria agreed in advance and delivered.
- Accuracy proven at site level through store accuracy checking.
- Regular reviews to process throughout the relationship.
- Continuous proactive action to deliver efficiencies and cost savings.
How it Works
After sufficient trial activity has been completed and the operational
requirements have been established Orridge will engage in a full stocktake
schedule for the customer. The logistics of arranging a suitable schedule of
work and providing competent staff to support it, is of course all taken care of
by Orridge through its excellent regional management structure.
As already stated, the approaches to a Wall to Wall stocktake are as varied as
the clients which Orridge serves. A typical Wall to Wall stocktake incorporates
the following key elements:
- Store is segregated into manageable count locations by an Orridge planner.
- HHTs are loaded with the client product file, to enable validation of products
- Count methods are communicated to the count team through the on-site Orridge
management, then monitored through bespoke management reporting.
- Store staff are involved throughout the process and actively encouraged to
validate the count integrity through transparent accuracy reporting.
- Completeness of the stocktake is ensured by using numerous management reports,
which are checked by the store and Orridge team together.
- Once agreed as complete and accurate the count data is sent directly to the
customer's specified recipient.
Whatever process is chosen, Orridge ensures that its accuracy is measurable and
therefore the integrity is visible. Orridge aims to provide a service that is
convenient for those that use it.
Review and Action
Orridge customers benefit from regular review meetings, during which key
performance indicator reports are supplied to evidence service level compliance.
Individual challenges or successes are discussed and used to improve the service
Orridge understands that its customers work in dynamic and demanding
environments and as a supplier we are always striving to offer benefits that
will assist in meeting those demands. Service and cost-efficiency are an ongoing
focus of the Orridge business and we believe this is why Orridge is the
preferred supplier of this core service.